3 Fun, Fashionable Color Trends This Summer
(StatePoint) – Whether you’re looking forward to attending a few special events or have a fun getaway planned, you’re probably wondering what key items you’ll need to add to your wardrobe for summer.
The good news is that there’s no need to overhaul your entire closet. And it’s easier than ever to incorporate on-trend pieces into your outfit of the day.
This season’s most coveted colors are bright hues, pretty pastels and metallic tones, according to Nichole Duck, women’s buyer for fashion-forward retailer, Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse.
Here she shares how to wear on-trend colors for any style.
Metallics as Neutrals
Metallic accessories and footwear provide a versatile option for today’s fashion. Because metallics can mesh with a broad range of color palettes and design styles, they are “the new neutral.”
Ideas to try:
• Select a classic white t-shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of metallic slides for a comfy and casual look.
• Wear a long floral dress with metallic sandals featuring rose gold or silver to make a statement.
Bold and Beautiful
From berets to jumpsuits, bright hues are prevalent head to toe this season. Additionally, there’s a resurgence of on-trend apparel and accessories that have undoubtedly been inspired by somewhere over the rainbow. In fact, rainbow-striped knit tops, athletic track pants, crewneck sweaters and more are now all the rage.
Ideas to try:
• Pair a neutral open-toed sandal with a pleated maxi rainbow skirt.
• Balance casual jeans with a pair of sexy stilettos in a favorite statement color. Vibrant red, ultra violet and electric blue shades can add a charge of energy to any outfit.
Ice Cream Pastels
This season, ready-to-wear fashion features a palette of ice cream pastel shades (think yellow sorbet, mint green and lilac hues). The possibilities to incorporate these colors into this season’s outfits are limitless.
Ideas to try:
• Combine a pair of pastel skinny jeans with a neutral kitten-heel for a polished look. Shades of beige, coffee and gray all work well to complement the soft colors.
• Try a fun, pointy-toed pump with a simple camisole and pair of jeans.
“From running errands to enjoying a night on the town, this season’s color options offer variety and versatility for everyone’s personal style,” says Duck.
To complete your summer look with today’s current trends, check out fashionable retailers offering thousands of options, such as Off Broadway. With more than 80 locations coast-to-coast, they offer high fashion styles from top designer and name brands. Visit offbroadwayshoes.com to shop online and get inspiration for venturing into the summer season in style.
From head to toe, just a few essential on-trend pieces are all that’s needed to give your entire wardrobe a fresh summer reboot.