Simple Summer Dessert – Easy Strawberry Shortcake
(FAMILY FEATURES) – Enjoy your summer with fresh fruit like strawberries in this Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe.
Find more dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
Easy Strawberry Shortcake
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
- 1 can (5-8) Pillsbury flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Separate biscuits. Dip tops and sides of biscuits in melted butter. Dip biscuits, covering tops and sides, in sugar. Place sugar-side up on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 13-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- To make strawberry mixture: In medium bowl, mix strawberries and sugar. Set aside.
- To make whipped cream: In small bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and beat into mixture.
- On plate, split biscuits and put dollop of whipped cream mixture on bottom half of biscuit. Add strawberry mixture. Replace biscuit top and dollop with whipping cream.